Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A chocolate-free day?

So last week was pretty much of a bust: between vog and period I didn't get much calorie-burning activity in. Plus usual "wine on weekends" and "Saturday pizza night" and "Sunday cake night" indulgences. I consider holding steady on the scale something of a success, under the circumstances.

Today I am aiming for a chocolate-free day. I suspect it would really do me some good to aim for a chocolate-free week, but that's more than I can contemplate without rolling on the floor, either laughing or crying or both. But a day I can do. Soon I might even attempt two days in a row, but for now I'm just aiming for one.

I keep forgetting to do the "before" measurements thing. Truth is, I don't really care what the tape measure says. What matters is how I look and feel and how my clothes fit. I find this indifference to the tape measure both healthy and somewhat disconcerting, given my obession with the scale. Why is it that one set of numbers doesn't interest me at all, while I can barely take my eyes off the other?

No comments: