Sunday, July 19, 2009

Banana-Pineapple Muffins

Our new house has fruit trees in the yard, hooray. Here's DH picking soursop. They're too big for our pole-picker, so he figured he should climb up there after them:


But seriously, how many bananas and soursop can two people eat? If these all ripen at once we're in trouble


I already had too many yellow ones on the counter. This was handled by making banana-pineapple muffins.


Loosely based on my TNT (tried and true) Banana Cake. We had some not-so-fresh fresh pineapple in the fridge, so I added about 2 cups of that, then cut way back on the liquid ingredients, used only about 1/4 cup safflower oil for fat, and cut sugar in half (figuring bananas and pineapple are both sweet).

The muffins turned out fine, but not quite worth making again, so I'm not posting a detailed recipe. You can taste both fruits in good balance, but with so little fat and sugar they're kindawimpy. Some chopped pecans would have been a good addition, but I didn't have any on hand. I've been eating these cut in half and smeared with cream cheese, because otherwise even two of them just don't add up to breakfast.

No comments: